B12 Deficiency Is A Health Epidemic
Vitamin B12 deficiency is on the increase and is now considered a health epidemic according to reports from the USDA. This is considered to be one of the most dangerous deficiencies and is more widespread than initially thought. At least 40% of the population is also believed to be deficient in Vitamin B12 and the body’s natural ability to absorb it starts to decrease with age.
Along with getting older, and taking certain prescription medications, it’s also considered that avoiding meat which is true for both vegetarians and vegans, can cause a significant decrease in B12.
Below are some of the warning signs of B12 deficiency…
- Unexplained Fatigue. If you’re experiencing fatigue that seems to continue for days and weeks then this may be caused by a B12 deficiency. Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics researchers have found that people who felt tired of energy despite getting enough sleep, may often struggle with low B12 levels. When red blood cell production is low, it means that oxygen to the lungs is lacking and this causes extreme fatigue as a result.
- Dizziness. If you feel dizzy or have vertigo then this is a common sign that B12 stores are low and may need to be replenished. It’s also possible that you may experience wobbles from getting up too fast after being in a sitting position for too long, or dizziness from walking up or down stairs. These are all signs to watch out for.
- Forgetfulness. The onset of Alzheimer’s or dementia is another sign that you are experiencing B12 deficiency. Chronic forgetfulness is one of the underlying reasons why many people suffer from B12 deficiencies and often indicates deeper medical issues.
- Pins and Needles. Sitting for extended periods of time can cause you to experience pins and needles in your body. These sensations include electric shock waves, as a result of nerve damage in B12 deficient patients. This could be an indication of a Vitamin B12 issue and leads back to poor red blood cell production caused by a lack of this essential vitamin.
- Vision Problems. Retinal damage caused by blood vessels becoming blocked, can cause a variety of eye health symptoms. This includes light sensitivity, blurred or double vision, or even tracers of shadows due to damage to the optic nerve.
Thankfully, many of these symptoms can be improved or prevented by taking a Vitamin B12 supplement. Taking a B12 supplement can help you to replenish these stores, where food sources might not be adequate.
B4 Health™ Spray contains an essential B-vitamin complex including Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12 amongst others. These essential nutrients provide superior delivery for improved absorption, healthy homocysteine while supporting many of the body’s processes for optimal health.
Active Life ™ is a multivitamin formula containing essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that can support general health and wellbeing. Active Life also includes 100mcg of Vitamin B12 (from Methylcobalamin).
MaxiFocus™ is a sublingual spray containing 24 super nutrients and antioxidants. It can support good eye, body and brain health. It contains 6mcg of Vitamin B12 (from Methylcobalamin).