- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
Curcumin May Suppress Colon Cancer Invasion
Colon cancer can be supressed with Curcumin, a new Chinese study has indicated. Numerous studies have shown how Curcumin can affect the body, but this one in particular investigated and effectively demonstrated how curcumin can inhibit cell development.
By treating with various concentrations of curcumin, researchers found that curcumin inhibits the proliferation of colon cancer LoVo and SW480 cells. LoVo and SW480 cells were treated with various concentrations of curcumin (0–50 µM) for 24 hOURS. Subsequently, curcumin markedly inhibited cell proliferation of colon cancer LoVo and SW480 cells in a dose-dependent manner (P=0.014 and P=0.003 vs. control cells, respectively). These inhibitory effects were observed following incubation with 1, 10, 20 and 50 µM curcumin. A dose of up to 20 µM curcumin was used in further experiments.
This exciting research demonstrates how taking Curcumin may help to suppress colon cancer in the long term, especially when other healthy lifestyle factors are taken into consideration.
Curcuminx4000™ – This contains 200mg of Curcumin Phytosome which recent studies have shown to have an increase in utilisation up to 45x compared with ordinary Curcumin 95%. Its bioavailability is backed by clinical studies and especially formulated for the digestive system.