Get a Head Start on Your Health in 2017
New Year is a time when we all look to improve ourselves; analysing various aspects of our lives and deciding what works and what we can do better. It’s important to ask yourself, how was 2016 for you and what can be done to make 2017 even greater? An estimated 44% of us make a resolution and then throw in the towel before the year is even through however. A lot of this has to do with the kind of resolutions we are making in an attempt to ‘fix’ what is missing, instead of looking at what’s already working. By fighting against our engrained habits and lifestyle factors, we inevitably create a great amount of stress around the prospect of a new change.
One of the most common New Year’s resolutions is to lose weight, followed by increasing the amount of exercise we do on a regular basis. Many of us choose to want to quit smoking and save money too. However once we have made these changes, we then start to feel like it isn’t good enough and we may feel as though our goal is too difficult to achieve, once the ‘shine’ of it has worn off and reality has set in. This is a well known roadblock when it comes to creating a successful New Year’s resolution as even setting a resolution means we are more likely to fail by default. The problem according to psychologists is that we are really bad at setting reasonable goals and very good at failing to live up to our own expectations. This inevitably creates a psychological shift where we start to feel a drop in our self-esteem and more anxiety as a result.
The reality of creating and setting a New Year’s resolution for good health in 2017 is that it needs to be realistic. It’s more reasonable to create small changes that create a shift in our lifestyle from toxic to healthy, then it is to simply change overnight. The dilemma that many of us face is that we don’t know what we have to do to get the changes we desire. We might know what it looks like, but there is no definite action plan. We might be doing too much, overwhelming ourselves and creating unnecessary stress in our lives. As a result our schedules become overloaded and when accompanied with constant activity, this can lead to chronic exhaustion. Modern culture has made it easier than ever to follow a high-stress lifestyle and the result is poor sleep, excessive sitting down, exhaustion and irritability. Chronic diseases are on the increase with cardiovascular disease in particular having increased by up to 36% for the first time.
If you’re feeling stressed then you might want to re-evaluate your lifestyle choices and how it can be improved around, by taking small actionable steps. This is especially important when trying to prevent an unhealthy lifestyle from spiralling out of control.
Consider the following to improve your health in 2017:
- Eating really healthy foods instead of starchy, sugary or processed foods. Eating junk food can contribute to weight gain, but studies have also confirmed it can also cause ‘impaired performance’ as a result of becoming sedentary. The opposite often happens when you eat a really healthy diet consisting of anti-inflammatory foods.
- Move your body regularly as this is key to staying healthy. Research shows that even low-intensity exercise such as walking or yoga is beneficial. Start walking in the morning or evening and build up to 3-5 miles of brisk walking every day.
- Go out into the sun. Vitamin D deficiency is considered a global epidemic but exposing your skin to the sun for 20 minutes every day can help with restoring essential levels of this vitamin, while supporting optimal health. Getting enough Vitamin D can reduce the risk of chronic diseases such as stroke, heart disease, autoimmune disease and cancer. Vitamin D also plays a vital role in supporting the body’s immune system.
- Good digestive support can improve energy levels. A full body, herbal cleanse can flush the kidneys and liver, intestines, bladder, skin and the lymphatic system that may otherwise accumulate over a lifetime. While Chinese herbs can provide additional liver support and relieve common symptoms of liver dysfunction such as headaches, mood swings, sinus congestion, skin breakouts and more.
- Self-care is essential for a healthy attitude and approach to life. Deep relaxed breathing, meditation and acupressure can all have a positive effect on the body and mind. These factors can also provide balance, while making it possible to maintain any new lifestyle changes. Experts from The University of Kentucky have called physical self-care the one element missing from the wellness arena that many people overlook in their pursuit of getting healthy. Eating nourishing foods, getting adequate sleep, partaking in exercise daily and receiving the appropriate emotional and psychological support can all help you to become the healthiest and most vital version of you yet in 2017.
Consider the following products to enhance your health in 2017…
Whole Body & Colon Cleanse – Containing a wide range of Chinese herbs to support a whole body and colon detox. It’s designed to flush excess toxins from the colon and intestines, cleansing the body from the inside out.
Liver Balance Plus™ – This original and powerful Chinese herbal formula can help to support healthy digestive cleansing while supporting a wide range of health problems.
Prescript-Biotics™ – Recommended to support a healthy and strong immune system. SBOs in PrescriptBiotics™ are cultured together and encapsulated with their own ancestral food source to keep them vital and living: a humic and fulvic acid prebiotic made from minerals that are billions of years old and extracted from deep inside the earth.
PrescriptBiotics™ capsules are pure, chemical-free, toxin-free, GMO-free, nutrient-rich, and naturally dehydrated to avoid damage done in the freeze-drying process.
Recommended Dose: Take 1 capsule a day. Increase by one capsule a day, for each week.
Available from Good Health Naturally.
Active Life Capsules™ – Contains an all-natural source of 90 vitamins, minerals and other nutrients designed for best health. Active Life™ can help to support a healthy immune system, and the body’s normal recovery processes. It can also provide balance to a healthy daily nutritional program along with providing critical minerals such as selenium and chromium that the body needs for best health.