- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
11 Natural Remedies To Aid Stress Relief and Relaxation
Finding relief from stress can be difficult in modern times with seemingly more distractions than ever. Work, family commitments and the increasing reliance on technology all means that we are becoming more stressed out and finding it more difficult to find the time to simply unwind and relax.
Thankfully there are natural remedies available that can help to promote relaxation and relieve stress. When taken on a daily basis they can help to induce a relaxed state of mind and this has various benefits for your overall health, vitality and wellness. Below are 11 of the best natural remedies to get started…
- Lavender. This is an excellent way to relieve stress and anxiety. Uaing a few drops of lavender essential oil in your bath can aid relaxation after a long day, while adding a few drops to your pillow can promote a good night’s sleep. Breathing in lavender can also relieve feelings of stress.
- Passionflower. This herb has shown potential for its calming properties and has been used for treating restlessness and agitation for centuries. It can help with supporting gastrointestinal problems with one study in test subjects showing that it can be helpful against ulcers caused by aspirin or alcohol. Passionflower can also help with mellowing the mind and boosting levels of a chemical known as GABA that can lower brain activity.
- Valerian. A tall perennial herb, this is commonly used for treating nervousness, anxiety, mild to moderate mood swings and depressed moods due to everyday stress. Valerian is excellent for relaxing the nervous system and reducing restlessness and sleeping difficulties.
- Chamomile. Due to its relatively strong anti-spasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties, this age old medicinal herb has been found to be highly effective at treating insomnia, anxiety and panic attacks.
- Oats have numerous health benefits one of which is a natural hormone in the body that can regulate the sleep/wake cycle. As a source of complex carbs, oats can help to increase tryptophan in the brain which helps you to sleep. While oats are usually served in porridge for breakfast, they can also be enjoyed as a nighttime snack to help induce sleep.
- Chamomile – This herb has been used for centuries due to its healing properties and as a mild and relaxing sleep aid it has various anti-inflammatory and therapeutic uses, whether it’s used internally or externally. The sedative properties of Chamomile mean that it’s excellent for relieving restlessness, controlling insomnia and generally reducing stress.
- California Poppy – This is a mild sedative that can relax the body and make it easier to fall asleep. It’s often used for insomnia, aches and pains, nervous agitation and to promote relaxation.
- Hops – This is a flowering plant that can be dried as a tea, formed into capsules, tinctures, tablets, creams or lotions and is known for its calming properties. It can improve the quality of sleep, calm the nervous system and relieve pain amongst other benefits. Anyone who is feeling run down with stress, anxiety or irritability can benefit from taking hops to find relief for their problems
- Lemon Balm – This is a highly effective herbal agent for addressing stress and anxiety. The powerful and relaxing effects of lemon balm can help with alleviating anxiety and mood disorders while over the past 5 years various studies have shown its benefits and been documented by scientists worldwide. As a perennial herb, lemon balm can even be inhaled as part of aromatherapy treatment for Alzheimer’s Disease, ADHD and for any nervousness caused as a side effect of a health condition.
- Kava Kava – A plant native to the western Pacific Islands, Kava Kava can calm anxiety, stress and restlessness, along with helping sleeping disorders. It is usually taken by mouth or applied topically.
- Hawthorn – This is a plant which has berries, leaves and flowers that are used to make medicine. It’s often used to promote the health of the heart and the circulatory system, along with relaxing the blood vessels. Research suggests that hawthorn can lower cholesterol levels and triglycerides (fats in the blood). It’s often used for treating high or low blood pressure, along with atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries).
Pur03 Ozonated Organic Oil with Lavender – Contains Lavender Oil for a relaxing scent that when combined with the olive oil may help to support and provide relief for blemishes, age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, along with minor skin irritations.
Sleepwell™ – Contains a proprietary blend of 5-HTP, Melatonin, Valerian Root, Passiflora, Hops and MSM along with Vitamin B3 (Niacin) to help overcome anxiety, insomnia, jetlag, melatonin deficiency and other sleeping disorders.
SAM-e+™ – Contains SAMe Tosylate, Magnesium, Folic Acid, Vitamin B6 and B12 along with a proprietary blend of GABA (Gamma Aminobutyric Acid), Calcium Aspartate, Milk Thistle Extract and Chamomile Flower Extract. This can provide professional strength support for anxiety, depression and stress related disorders.