7 Simple and Natural Ways To Beat Anxiety
Anxiety is the feeling of fear and dread that can leave your chest feeling tight, make your heart race and your palms sweaty. It can lead to behavioural changes and stimulates the ‘fight or flight’ response within the body that can lead on to issues with the way that the central nervous system and immune system response functions amongst other problems.
Anxiety may result in personality changes, compulsive or repetitive behaviours or even fear of leaving the house and social withdrawal. In the long term this may result in behavioural problems, family or relationship issues and even depression and suicidal thoughts.
Thankfully, there are natural ways to beat anxiety (without drugs) and they start with getting the right nutrients and emotional support necessary to get to the cause of anxiety once and for all…
- Meditation. Numerous studies show that meditation can help to reduce anxiety and this is because the silent practice can quieten the conscious mind and instil a sense of inner peace. Daily meditation sessions can reduce anxiety and worried thoughts and feelings by helping you to detach from them, while remaining centred.
- Deep Breathing. Many of us practice shallow ‘chest’ breathing which is actually making us more stressed out and does nothing to aid relaxation. Practise deep breathing by inhaling and exhaling from the diaphragm for a couple of minutes and note the difference to your general state of consciousness. You’ll find that you feel more relaxed and at peace and this is because the increased intake of oxygen means that more red blood cells are being transported around the body carrying more haemoglobin, helping to move oxygen from the air sacs to the blood. This helps to relax the body and the mind follows.
- Acupressure. This applies the ancient practice of acupuncture without needles, to promote relaxation and wellness, while preventing disease. Using fingertips and by stimulating the relevant acupressure points, it’s possible to find relief for stress, anxiety, panic attacks and withdrawal symptoms.
- Magnesium. This is a mineral that’s missing from the modern diet but is required by the body to enhance cell membrane permeability, and provide more efficient uptake of ions. It’s involved in numerous functions including pain management and easing inflammation, along with improving joint mobility amongst other benefits. When combined with MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) it can enhance cell membrane permeability and enable more magnesium to be rapidly absorbed within the skin. One of its major benefits is in relaxing the nervous system meaning it can help to reduce stress and feelings of anxiety.
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin). This important vitamin releases energy into the body’s cells and boosts brain circulation, normal mental functioning and memory power. There is also evidence to suggest that Vitamin B3 can help with alleviating depression.
- Ashwagandha. This powerful ancient herb has been used in Ayurvedic healing for centuries in a wide variety of health conditions. Ashwagandha contains natural chemicals that may help to calm the brain, reduce swelling and inflammation and lower blood pressure amongst other benefits. Anyone with anxiety will find that Ashwagandha is beneficial for reducing tense feelings and encouraging a sense of peace and overall wellbeing.
- Rhodiola Rosea. This is a herb used for increasing energy, stamina, strength and mental capacity. It can protect cells from damage and along with regulating the heart beat, also has the potential to improve learning and memory. There is also some evidence to suggest that Rhodiola Rosea might lower anxiety in people with generalised anxiety disorder.
RealFocus™ – This contains 600mg of Ashwagandha Root Extract and 200mg of Rhodiola Rosea Extract. RealFocus may help to reduce stress, anxiety and stress-related food cravings. It may also provide natural relief for depression and support memory and cognition.
Magnesium Oil Ultra Spray with OptiMSM – This topical magnesium spray can help to relieve inflammatory pain and joint pain amongst other problems. Its topical use can enhance cell membrane permeability and increase the efficient uptake of magnesium ions, that can relax the nervous system and increase an overall sense of wellbeing.
HealthPoint™ – This enables you to locate and stimulate acupuncture points effectively. It can help to provide relief for over 160 conditions including relief for stress and anxiety.