- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
Why anxiety is the enemy of good health.
Your heart is pounding, your mind is racing, and you can’t concentrate. You may feel like your thoughts are spiralling out of control. You may be fixated on a worst-case scenario you just can’t shake. Even though anxiety is an emotional response, it is also a physical state that can greatly affect the health of the body.
THE SLIPPERY SLOPE
Anxiety is a normal response to a stressful day at work or shocking news about a friend or family member. Once your body enters a nervous state, a fight-or-flight response is activated. This fight-or flight response puts the body on alert and is especially helpful in the event of a physical attack. Long-term anxiety that goes unchecked can place stress on the body day after day. Research has proven that sufferers of anxiety disorders have a greater risk of chronic disease. A person who experiences constant anxiety may have more intense symptoms of illness and may be more susceptible to death once they get sick.
Anxiety has been related to a number of health issues, such as:
- Chronic Respiratory Disorders: Studies have found a high rate of anxiety and panic attacks in patients with chronic respiratory disease, affecting women more often than men.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders: Research has linked high anxiety levels with the development of IBS after a bowel infection.
- Heart Disease: According to data from a Nurses’ Health Study, women with the highest phobic anxiety levels were 59 per cent more likely to have a heart attack compared to women with lower anxiety.
Chronic anxiety and the constant release of stress hormones will wreak havoc on once-balanced health. These factors in combination will suppress the immune system and trigger digestive disorders. Muscle tension and short-term memory loss are examples of the immediate effects on the body. Over time, the risk of premature coronary artery disease and heart attack skyrockets.
YOUR BODY CRAVES PEACE
Addressing anxiety head-on is critical. Physicians recommend stress management techniques and anxiety therapy, including yoga, meditation, exercise, cognitive behavioural therapy, regulated sleep patterns, and changes to the diet.
High levels of anxiety can create a vicious cycle by making it difficult to sleep at night. When you don’t get the rest you need, anxiety will intensify in the morning to trigger a damaging stress response all day long.
The long-term use of a prescription sleep aid is never recommended. There has got to be a better way to support relaxation and offer anxiety relief. The most potent sleep aid nature has to offer comes in the form of B vitamins. Taking vitamins B3 and B6, along with L-Tryptophan and L- Theanine, before bed can combat stress and balance cortisol levels. A natural, effective relaxation supplement will support deep sleep and offer a fresh start to a brand-new day.
Relaxwell is a special formula created from tried and true quality ingredients. It combines L-Tryptophan, L-Theanine, vitamin B6 and vitamin B3.