- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
Six Simply Delicious Ways To Enjoy Sweet Potatoes
Today is National Cook A Sweet Potato Day (Feb 22nd). Not only is sweet potato a great source of Vitamin C, it is also high in fiber and low in calories and on the glycemic index, meaning it’s perfect as a weight loss food.
Packed with Vitamin A due the high content of beta-carotene, sweet potato has many skin health benefits that converts Vitamin A in the body, triggering DNA responsible for producing new skin cells.
Just more good reasons to enjoy this humble and sweet little potato! To celebrate National Cook A Sweet Potato Day we wanted to showcase six simple recipes with this amazing food…
1) Sweet Potato Hash Browns – Made from grated sweet potatoes, these are a much healthier version of traditional hash browns and just as tasty. Ideal for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Get the full recipe.
2) Sweet Potato Salad with Cranberries and Pecans – This makes for a deliciously creamy curry like dish and when accompanied with pecans gives a crunchy feel and the cranberries add a citrusy taste to this hearty and healthy meal. Get the full recipe.
3) Spinach and Sweet Potato Frittata – Spinach is an excellent source of vitamins including Vitamins A and K that contribute to the overall health and vitality of many of the body’s functions. The sweet potato slices make a firm base for the tasty quiche like filling. Get the recipe here.
4) Sweet Potato Fries – Baked and not fried, this is a great alternative to traditonal fries made from potato. Simply toss in some olive oil and spices, baking for 10 minutes until crispy. The whole family will love these! Get the full recipe.
5) Vanilla Sweet Potato Puree – Looking for a simple alternative to mashed potatoes? Try this colourful and silky sweet potato puree for a healthier addition to your Sunday roast. Get the full recipe.
6) Grilled Red Pepper and Sweet Potato Soup – This delicious soup is easy to prepare and can be made in minutes in a pan before transferring to a food blender. The red pepper is an excellent source of Vitamin A and provides a fresh, distinctive taste to the otherwise creamy sweet potato texture. Get the full recipe.
Six Simply Delicious Ways To Enjoy Sweet Potatoes | www.naturallyhealthynews.com