- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
12 Natural Health Tips To Improve Your Eyesight
It’s very easy to take our eyesight for granted, assuming we’ll always have it. It’s only when our eyesight starts failing us that we may start to question how it went wrong in the first place. The truth is, many eyesight problems are lifestyle related and therefore are entirely preventable with the right knowledge and action.
You don’t have to accept poor eye health for the rest of your life. In fact, there are many good reasons to start taking better care of your vision. Here are 12 of the best reasons…
- Eat a diet rich in dark leafy green vegetables. Spinach, kale, celery, cucumber etc are all excellent for eye health. These are abundant in nutrients and studies show they can prevent cataracts and age-related macular degeneration.
- Exercise your eyes daily. Various eye exercises or looking at objects in the distance can help to make your eye muscles stronger. These Pinhole Massager Glasses from Good Health Naturally are excellent for helping you to cope with sore and tired eyes. It works by massaging the eye area, relieving tension and tiredness. These are ideal if you spend many hours looking at a computer screen.
- Avoid sugary foods. This includes all processed foods, refined sugars and starches. Sugar acts as a poison within the body, causing an increase in blood insulin that can trigger inflammatory processes – the true case of many diseases. If you want to improve your eyesight, avoid sugar.
- Move the Computer Screen Below The Level of The Eyes. When looking at a computer screen, close your eyes slightly and remember to blink! This minimizes any fluid evaporating from the eyes and reduces the hazards associated with dry eye syndrome.
- Take a Daily Multivitamin. A supplement containing all of the essential vitamins and minerals will ensure you are getting all of the appropriate nutrients that support good eye health. It can also reduce the risks associated with Age-Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD). Active Life from Good Health Naturally is recommended for this purpose.
- Go For A Walk Daily. Daily exercise will improve oxygen uptake around the body and this includes the eyes. The more active you are, the better.
- Improve Your Peripheral Vision. The peripheral vision refers to being able to see out of the corner of our eyes. To improve your peripheral vision, look straight ahead and focus on a spot in front of you. While looking forward, you can see out of your immediate field of vision. Practicing this regularly will improve your eyesight.
- Stop Smoking. The act of smoking can dramatically increase the risk of developing cataracts compared with non-smokers. Studies also show that smokers have double the chances of developing cataracts. There is also a three-fold increase in developing Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD) than non-smokers.
- Drink 6-8 Glasses of Water Daily. Staying hydrated is vital for good health and for supporting the eyes. Drinking plenty of water can help to prevent dry eyes and a whole range of problems.
- Wear Eye Shades in the Sun. Sunglasses or eye shades can protect the eyes from the sun’s harmful UV rays and are important for overall good eye health.
- Consider a Herbal Cleanse or Probiotic. Herbs such as Gingko Biloba, Eyebright, Coleus and Green tea can help to improve eyesight as it contains antioxidants that can mop up free radical damage and improve blood flow to the retina. A recommended nutrient sublingual formula like MaxiFocus™ from Good Health Naturally can help with this purpose.
- Hang Your Head Upside Down For a Few Minutes. By hanging your head upside down it increases blood flow to your head and this can improve the oxygen intake, enhancing the complexion. However, it’s not recommended to do this for too long as it may burst blood vessels in the eyes.