Six Sizzling Healthy Pasta Dishes That Are Super Good For You!
Healthy pasta is a very real possibility thanks to these range of deliciously different dishes. Gone are the days of worrying about weight gain or if the starchy carbs you just ate will leave you feeling bloated, gassy and suffering with various health problems.
Yes – healthy pasta can be super good for you when it’s made with legumes instead of grains or wheat. Legumes are an excellent source of protein, fiber and iron making them an excellent alternative for anyone who is gluten-free or coeliac.
Even if you’re not gluten sensitive, they make a super healthy lunch, dinner or snack and are a healthy meal replacement to enjoy at any time of the day. Take a look at these tasty and healthy recipes for some mealtime inspiration…
1. Greek Style Red Lentil Pasta Salad
- ¼ of a 250g (8.82oz) bag of Red Lentil Fusilli Really Healthy Pasta
- Half an avocado, chopped
- 3-4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup sliced olives
- 1 slice of crumbled, unpasteurized goat or sheep feta cheese, cubed
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- A drizzle of olive oil (optional)
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of mixed herbs
- Seasoning – sea salt and black pepper
- Slice the avocado, cherry tomatoes, cucumber and olives.
- Cook the Red Lentil Fusilli pasta according to the packet’s instructions. Drain and cool.
- Place the pasta into the bowl. Add in the cucumber, avocado, cherry tomatoes, olives and spinach leaves. Crumble in the feta or goat’s cheese. Add a drizzle of olive oil if using.
- Add a squeeze of lemon, mixed herbs, sea salt and black pepper to season. Serve.
- 125g gluten free pasta
- 2 small courgettes
- 30g fine green beans
- 70g broccoli
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 120g sun dried tomatoes
- 20g basil leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds (optional)
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds (optional)
This gluten free dish is a really quick and tasty weekday dinner with minimal effort involved.
If you want to add extra protein to this dish sauté a chicken breast with the veg.
- Cook the pasta as per instructions.
- While the pasta cooks, heat the coconut oil in a pan over a medium heat
- Chop the courgettes into half moons and the broccoli into 1 inch florets, saute for 5-7 minutes until the broccoli has softened slightly.
- Combine the sundried tomatoes, basil, lemon juice and olive oil in a food processor, pulse for 30 seconds until the sun dried tomatoes start to break down, stop before they become a pesto-like puree.
- Drain the pasta and rinse under cold water, return to the pan, stir in the veg and sundried tomato mixture until warmed through.
- Serve in bowls, sprinkling over the seeds if preferred.
3. Red Pepper, Mushroom, Spinach and Mung Bean Macaroni
- 1 red pepper
- 1 onion
- 2-3 mushrooms
- ½ small can of sweetcorn
- A handful of spinach leaves
- ½ packet of Mung Bean Macaroni
- Chop the onion, mushrooms and red pepper. Saute in a saucepan.
- Cook the pasta for 2-4 mins in a saucepan of boiling water. Drain.
- Add the pasta to the onion, mushrooms and red pepper mixture.
- Add spinach and sweetcorn. Stir and serve the pasta mixture on a plate.
4. Sweetcorn and Walnut Salad with Penne Pasta
- 1 small can of sweetcorn
- 1 handful of walnuts
- ½ packet of Red Lentil Penne Really Healthy Pasta™
- Green salad
- ½ tbsp. Olive Oil (to drizzle)
- Sea salt, black pepper (to season)
- Cook the penne pasta according to packet instructions.
- Chop a handful of walnuts.
- Prepare the green salad. Add the sweetcorn and walnuts. Season with salt, pepper and herbs.
- Drain pasta. Stir into salad, drizzle with olive oil and serve.
5. Chicken Noodle Soup
- 2 Tablespoons of Coconut Oil
- 1 Packet of Chickpea Fusilli Really Healthy Pasta™
- 1 cup of shredded white meat organic chicken (Optional – replace with soy or tofu if vegetarian)
- 3 cups of organic raw Kale: can be frozen or Fresh
- 1-2 tablespoons of curry paste: depending on how spicy you like, you can use less if you like…
- 1 Organic onion
- 2 Organic tomatoes
- 1 cup of coconut milk
- A quart of Organic Broth; Chicken or Vegetable
- Sea Salt/ Himalayan Salt and Pepper
- Take two tablespoons of coconut oil and saute the fine chopped onion and tomato until soft and translucent. Add salt, pepper and curry paste.
- Add Chicken and Kale (If using the optional ingredient of chicken). When kale is soft, add the broth. Let low boil for 10 minutes then lower heat and add coconut milk.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, then add the Really Healthy Chickpea Pasta and simmer for 10 minutes more, Serve warm and enjoy.
6. Mung Bean Pesto Pasta With Cashews, Avocado and Chili
- 1/4 of a 250g box of Mung Bean Fusilli Really Healthy Pasta™
- 50g of pecans, 50g of cashews
- 100g pecorino pesto
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 2-3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 slices of lime
- Cook the Mung Bean Fusilli pasta according to the packet’s instructions. Drain and cool.
- Slice the avocado, cherry tomatoes and lime.
- Blend the pecans and cashews together. Mix them in with the pesto in a saucepan.
- Combine the pasta and pesto, mix well. Serve with the avocado, tomatoes and squeeze lime on top.
Give these healthy pasta dishes a go and let us know which one is your favourite. We love to hear your comments and feedback.
|Really Healthy Pasta™ –
Free from gluten and grains, organic, non-GMO and suitable for vegans. It gives all the healthy benefits and taste of legumes without any of the unwanted side effects.
Available in fusilli and penne shapes with the choice of Black Bean, Buckwheat and Golden Flaxseed, Chickpea, Mung Bean or Red Lentil.
For nutritional information, recipe ideas and inspiration, please visit www.reallyhealthypasta.com.