- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
Acupuncture Helps Ease Menopausal Hot Flushes
Acupuncture can help reduce the frequency and intensity of hot flushes suffered by women going through the menopause. The therapy is an effective alternative to drugs, says a research study published by the North American Menopause Society.
The effect can be immediate, and doesn’t seem to be based on the number of acupuncture sessions, or duration of treatment. ‘Real’ acupuncture outperformed ‘sham’, or placebo, acupuncture in reducing the severity of the attacks, although the frequency was lowered by both approaches.
The benefits were reported for up to three months.
(Source: Menopause, 2014; 1; doi: 10.1097/ GME.0000000000000260)