- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
Week 18 (2014) – Beautiful Skin, Inside and Out
Health News (Week 18 – 2014)
By Robert Redfern
I (and most men) take our skin for granted. We subject it to a junk food diet, smoking, chemical products and a little too much time in the sun (though daily sun exposure is recommended for healthy vitamin D levels) without taking care to moisturize it every day.
Since my diet has been better than most for the last 20 years, my skin has been noticably younger than most people at aged 68, but that is starting to rapidly change. I am now starting to take notice of my wife Anne who has always taken care of her skin daily. To be fair she has warned me for years, but now she has got my attention.
I have now started a skin recovery plan and want to share the first two things that have studies and will show the fastest results.
Two Ways to Recover Your Skin
Obviously the prime way to care for your skin is from the inside with an anti-inflammatory diet rich in my Really Healthy Foods. I am counting on this as I know you will know by now cutting out junk and processed foods can correct minor to major health problems, especially skin issues, like dryness, flaking, acne, and eczema.
What about the outside of your skin? This protective barrier deserves to look good to reflect the goodness inside. There are two ways you can care for your skin every day to support radiant health:
1. Apply hemp oil to your skin (and take it too). You may have heard hemp oil called the ‘King of All Oils’—it is perfectly designed for healthy skin with a balance of rich omega-3, 6, and 9 fatty acids. Hemp oil works perfectly with an anti-inflammatory diet because it is anti-inflammatory and antioxidant in nature. Hemp oil will cleanse and detoxify your skin to support an even skin tone. Hemp oil has been proven effective in the treatment of atopic dermatitis, or eczema. (J Dermatolog Treat. 2005 Apr;16(2):87-94.) Also take 1 x 2 teaspoons daily. Can be taken on its own or mixed with food/salads etc
Best For: Dry, blotchy skin, eczema, and psoriasis; can also be used for natural sun protection.
2. Support skin collagen. Collagen is the structural protein that gives skin a firm, supple texture. Collagen makes up 30% of the protein content in the human body. Taking a BioCell Collagen® supplement is the best way to strengthen skin and blood vessels. A clinically proven nutraceutical that provides a unique and highly absorbable matrix of hydrolyzed collagen type II, hyaluronic acid, and chondroitin – a patented combination, it can also help reduce wrinkles and best of all in my age group, alleviate joint problems.
Best For: All skin types, especially sagging, aging, sun-damaged skin; recommended for overall joint health. This is a good time to get started just in time for summer. Click here for a Good Health Naturally special offer:
To be clear – I do plan to slowly introduce other things as well as such Silicium Silca, Derma Q-Gel (which I used occasionally), and the Pain Genie with the Cosmetol Micro-Current facelift Probes.
I am not expecting to look 20 years younger overnight but the scientific studies on Joint & Skin Matrix show good results within a few months. My goal is to achieve the youngest looking skin possible at aged 70 in in just 20 months’ time. The skin clock is ticking!