Week 4 (2014) – New Gene Therapy Restores Eyesight
Health News (Week 4 – 2014)
By Robert Redfern
I am just listening to a news item on the radio about the results of a study injecting a single gene into the eyes of sufferers of a very rare genetic disorder. The normal result of this genetic disorder is that sufferers go blind. The study resulted in an improvement in the eyesight of everyone in the study but not complete restoration.
It is very exciting to hear about such uses for single gene therapy but I do get annoyed when I hear the researchers are claiming that they may be able to help age related macular degeneration one day with gene therapy. I presume they are doing this to create pressure to enable a request for more research funding. We know the bulk of medical research is useless because it is always looking for a magic bullet drug or procedure to make a fortune for some company or other. The research fails because the majority of health problems are caused by diet, lack of critical nutrients or weak immune systems caused by both of the above factors.
Age Related Macular Degeneration (ARMD) has this name because it used to be only seen in people over 65 but since the diet of young people is so bad to the point of being toxic, ARMD is being detected in the eyes of people in their 20’s. You may now hear of this condition being called Macular Degeneration (MD) and that is in recognition that it is no longer age related.
MD is the largest single cause of loss of eyesight and by the time a person has passed aged 65 they have a 1 in 4 chance of losing eyesight from this condition. I have spoken to hundreds of sufferers and they all tell me it is a frightening thought to lose their eyesight and their independence, especially as they get older.
I first became aware of MD in 1996 when some doctors in the USA were getting success, reversing MD, using my HealthPoint and nutrition. To be clear I had not even heard of this previously and was very puzzled how nutrition and especially HealthPoint could help people to see again. The reason for this is because my research found that MD is caused by weak blood flow and a lack of essential nutrients – HealthPoint stimulates the healthy cells to regenerate faster.
The following 5 years resulted in me writing my book, Turning A Blind Eye, which has been used as a guide by thousands to help them get their eyesight restored.
Over the past 13 years the plan has only been refined in minor ways and as long as the plan and especially the diet is adhered to, sufferers report a better than 7 out of 10 success of restoring eyesight. Some report a 100% recovery.
- Stop all grains, cereals and corn products including breads, cookies, cakes, biscuits, breakfast cereals, white rice, white potatoes, pasta and parsnips. Stop all high sugar foods and drinks but do not replace them with so-called ‘diet’ drinks.
- Add more greens to your daily diet and especially those such as kale containing high levels of essential lutein. Smoothies and soups are the easiest way to add my recommended 9-14 portions of veggies per day. They can even be made two or three times per week and placed in the refrigerator to make life easier.
- Add 3-5 daily portions of dark skinned fruit (dried, frozen or freeze dried all work).
- 3-5 portions of raw nuts per day (almonds, brazil, hazelnuts, walnuts, and cashews etc). These can be ground to make breakfasts such as porridge or granola with coconut milk. They can be used as a snack anytime but soak them for 24hrs in water or coconut milk to ensure they digest better.
- Drink 6 x 500ml (16oz) glasses of water over the day with a pinch of bicarbonate of soda in each glass (This is called soda water with a slice of lemon if you are out and want a healthy drink).
- Walk 5 miles (8km) every day at a fast rate or use a rebounder trampoline for a total of 30 minutes. Blood flow is the source of all health.
- Include healthy oils: Avocado oil, Virgin olive oil, Sesame seed oil, Hemp seed oil, and Coconut oil.
- Include raw, sea or rock salt; 3-5 teaspoons per day depending upon your body weight and sweat rate. This can be in or on your food. This is essential – ignore any wrong information in the media and from doctors.
- Fish. If eating fish, it must be wild caught oily fish such as salmon, mackerel, sardines, pilchards etc. Canned is fine. Keep away from farmed fish and especially farmed fish from Asia.
- Meat. If eating meat make sure it’s pasture raised and as natural as possible. Factory raised meats are to be avoided.
The Key Nutrients:
MaxiFocus mouth spray delivers lutein, zeaxanthin and 22 other essential eye nutrients, in the most absorbable way.
MaxiVision capsules are the recommended alternative to MaxiFocus for those who prefer capsules.
Taurine Mouth Spray delivers extra taurine to help the regeneration of the macular cells.
Krill delivers essential DHE and EPA for macular health.
Serranol clears inflammation and aids healthy blood flow to the macular. AstaXanthin – I added this for its powerful antioxidant power to help protect against macular degeneration and restore the health of the eyes. There are video based studies to support this.
HealthPoint – Delivers micro stimulation to the macular. This has been used for nearly 18 years in helping to reverse macular degeneration. Famous people such as US golfer Sam Snead, and actor Eric Sykes from the UK have credited micro stimulation for helping to improve their sight. The extra benefit of using HealthPoint is that it can be used for every nearly every pain condition such as arthritis, bad knees and ‘bad backs’ etc.
The extra good news is this plan is great for your general health as well.
If macular degeneration doesn’t relate to you personally, please pass this on to anyone who is experiencing difficulties and may need this information.