- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
Week 43 (2014) – Don’t Use It For Curry!
Health News (Week 43 – 2014)
By Robert Redfern
When the inevitable question pops up, “What’s the one thing I can take to give me the best protection on my limited budget, while possibly replacing Pharma drugs?” it is the easiest one to answer, as there is nothing that compares to curcumin for its all round potential.
Curcumin is the only substance that comes with studies for preventing (and treating?) just about every major concern we have including, cancer, heart disease, cataracts, arthritis, psoriasis, chronic inflammation, depression, inflammatory bowl diseases, pancreatitis, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, liver disease, and the greatest fear of all, Alzheimer’s. Of course I also advise that this is followed alongside my really healthy foods diet that is not optional for a healthy future. Curcumin is totally safe to take even in huge doses and is also safe for pets such as your dog or cat.
There are over 1800 studies on PubMed for Curcumin alone.
Don’t Use It For Curry…
Curcumin is NOT what you put into curry. Nothing makes my blood boil as much as articles in magazines and newspapers saying ‘eat more curry to get healthy’. These articles are referring to turmeric, a spice used in Asian foods that contains a tiny spec of curcumin extract. Add turmeric to your foods by all means but don’t expect it to save your life as it would when taking curcumin. Please be aware that less than 0.1% of turmeric is absorbed in curcumin.
FREE Curcumin e-Book:
If you haven’t already read my e-Book on Curcumin and if you would like more information then click here. This book is available for free download and goes into detail the history and how it can help to attack some of the most serious diseases.
Even curcumin is not an easy supplement to absorb and less than 6% of an ordinary curcumin capsule is absorbed in the digestive tracts. I first introduced curcumin formulations back in 2002 (Curcumin95) and used a black pepper extract called bioperine, which doubled (x2) the absorption but still meant a lot was wasted. This was the best option available at the time.
When I was re-formulating a few years ago and with developments I chose a ‘super curcumin’ bound to a fat (MERIVA curcumin), as I was impressed with studies showing it was over x23 more utilizable than ordinary curcumin (published study).
An unpublished study shows it is x45 more absorbable!
I have used this ‘super curcumin’ in three different ways (formulations) to make the benefits as specific as possible:
- The first is 180 x 200mg capsules of super curcumin bound to a fat, which gives the most utilizable curcumin available. This can be used for anything and taken in very high doses in urgent cases or small daily doses just for protection. This is called CurcuminX4000, click here for more information
- The next is my formulation that contains 90 x 250mg of super curcumin bound to a fat, 50mg of Ecklonia Cava (Seanol) an extract from seaweed, 80,000iu of Serrapeptase and 1000iu of Vitamin D3. This gives a much wider range of benefits both for urgent cases as well as small daily doses just for protection. This is called Serranol, click here for more information
- My newest formulation is growing in popularity and delivers 600mg of curcumin per dose in a fat (Coconut Oil). Coconut oil itself has super health properties and can also improve the usability of the curcumin. I added bioperine to further improve absorbability and 300mg of DHA (a fatty acid) to enhance the claim that the brain is enhanced with this formulation. This is called BrainPower, click here for more information
These are formulations my whole family use and when combined with really healthy foods, will help you to achieve good health and help defeat any disease the world throws at you.
For any questions feel free to contact me Here. I will answer as soon as possible and in strict confidence.
Back in 2012 I wrote about Curcumin, if you missed this newsletter you can read it again here: 2012, WEEK 40, Curcumin Cured My Cancer