- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
Week 5 (2014) – The Sugar That Heals
Health News (Week 5 – 2014)
By Robert Redfern
Why a Muscle Sugar, D-ribose is Taken By Athletes & Auto-Immune Patients to Restore Energy…
D-ribose is essential for cell energy.
It is why cardiologists and sports doctors are telling marathon runners and athletes about it as a nutritional supplement.
It is why nutritionists are now telling people with fibromyalgia, lyme disease, chronic fatigue syndrome, restless leg syndrome, general fatigue, heart failure/heart disease/angina and those lacking in energy about how D-ribose can help restore energy levels, depleted by drugs and stress.
Numerous athletes such as marathon runners are getting the message that nutrients such as L-Carnitine, CoQ10, Magnesium and now D-ribose can help energy levels and can protect them from long-term health problems.
More energy levels means improved performance!
For example, a marathon runner adding D-ribose, L-Carnitine and CoQ10 to their diet can expect improved benefits in their levels of speed. Not only does D-ribose improve energy, it also helps to support the heart.
What is D-ribose?
D-ribose is a naturally occurring sugar that enhances energy by generating the recovery of ATP levels (your body’s primary energy carrying molecule). The highest source in food is found in animal products but the level is still tiny compared to those in D-ribose supplements.
Studies show D-ribose will improve health and fitness in athletes, people with cardiovascular problems, and those with fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Just to be clear, there are no known adverse drug or nutritional interactions associated with D-ribose use and since it is to be taken with meals, there’s less of a chance your blood sugar/glucose levels will change suddenly.
D-ribose is a simple sugar molecule that your body extracts from food in tiny amounts. Since it is in such small amounts the body reserves it for critical energy requirements. Runners, athletes and very sick people have a much greater need for this energy and when taken in larger amounts it restores energy (to frail, aged or sick hearts, as well as bringing back the depleted energy of marathon runners and other athletes).
D-ribose can be of help to your regimen whether you’re a young athlete or an older person losing energy fast, or having health issues such as fibromyalgia.
When D-ribose is combined with L-Carnitine, CoQ10 and magnesium we may have the formula for super energy. CoQ10 is the ‘spark plug’ that ignites the energy cycle to produce the energy fuel, ATP (ATP stands for adenosine triphosphate).
D-ribose and CoQ10 can help you avoid fatigue, and increase your energy naturally, without the jitters.
I am personally taking the following supplements for general health but specifically to rescue a heart valve that is slightly diseased:
- D-Ribose Plus: This is a powder that contains D-ribose, Magnesium Citrate, and Malic Acid. I take 5 teaspoons (25mg) x 3 times per day with meals.
- L-Carnitine+CoQ10: This comes in a vegetarian capsule and the CoQ10 is a patented form that delivers 4x that of ordinary CoQ10. I take 1 cap x 2 times per day.
- UB8Q10 Ubiquinol: This is 8x better absorbed than ordinary CoQ10 and I take 2 x50mg caps (x2 times per day) of this supplement, as it is important for the over 50’s, who do not absorb supplements of CoQ10 as easily.
- Magnesium Oil Ultra: Magnesium oil spray mixed with MSM – I spray this onto my legs and chest in the mornings and evenings.