Week 29 (2018) – Did I Mention Collagen?
Health News (Week 29 – 2018)
By Robert Redfern
Ok, so I cannot ever remember writing about collagen. Mention collagen to most people and they think of a beauty skin product and I guess I am no different. Dig a little deeper and you see we cannot have healthy ageing without making sure we preserve and generate more collagen.
So, if I have been a little remiss not praising collagen I apologize and hope to make up for this by being clear about why I recommend collagen and why it’s now going to be part of my plan (not least for my skin).
What Is Collagen?
It’s a protein, found in the bones, muscles, skin, and tendons that hold the body together. In effect, it’s a scaffold to provide strength and structure. There are about twenty different types of collagen around the body.
Natural collagen is produced from the food we eat and recycled proteins in our body. Collagen contains most of the protein contained in the body.
Natural collagen has critical functions in the body and their breakdown and depletion can cause a number of serious health problems…along with premature ageing.
We can also supplement collagen. Supplemental collagen is used for: premature ageing, medical and cosmetic purposes, and the repair of body tissues.
Why Do We Lose Collagen?
As we age there is a small natural decline but this is exacerbated by poor lifestyle choices, including:
Consuming starchy carbohydrates and high sugar foods and drinks; smoking, too much sunshine, not enough sunshine, artificial lights, not walking enough, not eating mainly foods rich in amino acids such as greens, and other high protein foods.
We also need large amounts of foods rich in Vitamin C that are critical in collagen production.
What If We Lose Collagen?
Since collagen holds the body together, losses caused by poor lifestyle include:
- Osteoporosis (90% of bone matrix proteins are made of collagen)
- Hollowing beneath skin
- Aching Muscles
- Arthritis and Joint Pain
- Low Blood Pressure
- Skin Rashes
These conditions can be reversed relatively quickly with lifestyle changes and supplementation as shown below in my Collagen Recovery Plan. For those who want an intensive recovery plan for the face and body, this is covered in my eBook at naturallyhealthynews.com
Collagen Loss caused by Immune Dysfunctions include:
These are more critical conditions and as well as the lifestyle changes and supplementation as shown in my Collagen Recovery Plan below, these are covered in my eBook at https://NaturallyHealthyNews.com
My Collagen Recovery Plan
- Follow a Ketogenic Food Plan to provide all of the amino acids and to stop the collagen damage from starchy carbs and other high sugar foods and drinks
- Walk for at least 1-2 hours every day to ensure proper circulation of nutrients to help regenerate collagen
- Do not sit down for more than 3 hours everyday where possible (walk, stand or recline)
- Stop Smoking
- Get out into the sunshine up to 30 minutes every day where possible but limit beyond this were possible without chemical sunblocks
- Try not to work under artificial light where possible and if not wear amber tinted glasses
- For faster regeneration, supplement with Liposomal Vitamin C and Collagen and Hyaluronic Acid – Biocell Collagen™, Hydrolysed Collagen Type II
Putting aside any desire to look good, Collagen is essential to stop you falling apart physically as you age. From healthy bones to healthy joints we need collagen for long-term vitality.