Week 16 (2019) – Not Only Sugar & Carbs
Health News (Week 16 – 2019)
By Robert Redfern
Long-time readers over the past 25 years will know that I have not wavered with my acceptance of research that identifies sugar and carbohydrates as a prime cause of diseases and especially, all lung diseases. Cancer, emphysema, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic bronchitis, cystic fibrosis/bronchiectasis, and pneumonia are the most well-known.
Yes, there are other causes such as living in damp fungal houses, pollution, smoking, lack of walking…but there are other causes right in front of everyone that is not addressed, namely, pharmaceutical drugs.
Pharmaceutical drugs (such as inhalers for asthma) have side effects, and are well-known, which is why the most dangerous ones are only on prescription. There is one however, ‘acetaminophen’, that is available over the counter. While there may be warnings in small print on the packet of this drug, they need to have a stronger warning.
You will know acetaminophen as Paracetamol, Calpol, Panadol or Tylenol. There may be other brands and as with any drugs, you should research the ingredients but don’t rely on ‘drug company funded’ websites such as WebMD. Those websites present information in ways difficult to read. This drug has become popular for children since the side effects of aspirin for children gave it a bad name.
I am presenting the list of side effects below but one thing not listed is that continuous use of acetaminophen can lead to lung disease.
Study Facts of Acetaminophen as Paracetamol, Calpol, Panadol or Tylenol:
- A study of 122,000 nurses showed regular use of acetaminophen had a significantly higher risk of developing asthma.
- A study of 20,000 children showed that children that used acetaminophen once per year had a 70% greater risk of developing asthma but even worse, those that used it every month had a 540% great risk of developing asthma.
- Children that had a single dose of acetaminophen before their 1st birthday had a 60% greater risk of developing asthma.
- 13 and 14 year-olds who had taken acetaminophen within the previous 12 months were 40% more likely to develop asthma. And if they took it once a month, their risk rose to 250%.
Published Side Effects Of Acetaminophen (Paracetamol, Calpol, Panadol or Tylenol)
Acute Liver Failure, Acute Pustular Eruptions on Skin, Decreased Blood Platelets, Decreased Neutrophils A Type Of White Blood Cell, Decreased White Blood Cells, Deficiency Of Granulocytes, A Type Of White Blood Cell, Discoloured Spots And Small Elevations Of The Skin, Giant Hives, Hepatitis Caused By Drugs, Inflammation Of Skin Caused By An Allergy, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, Vocal Cord Swelling, Hives, Medication Overuse Headache, Rash, Redness Of Skin.
Why Does Acetaminophen Do So Much Harm?
Mainly because it lowers blood levels of an essential compound called glutathione. Glutathione is the most powerful antioxidant used in the immune system in every part of the body, particularly in the lungs. When your glutathione levels are low you age faster, and your risk of developing a disease, and especially chronic lung disease such as asthma, increases.
Acetaminophen isn’t the only drug our lungs have to worry about. Even the inhaler drugs they use to treat asthma is thought to be linked to the greatest cause of deaths from asthma (according to researchers from Cornell and Stanford Universities in the USA).
How Can I Increase Glutathione In My Body?
- Stop drugs that lower glutathione if possible
- Consume more Avocadoes, Spinach, Okra, (Rocket) Arugula, Bok choy, Broccoli, Brussel Sprouts, Cabbage, Cauliflower, Collard greens, Kale, Mustard greens, Radish, Asparagus, and Watercress (in Soups, Salads, Smoothies and Stir-fries).
- Ensure Selenium in your supplements (ActiveLife™)
- Liposomal Vitamin C
- Liposomal Curcumin
- Glutathione Sublingual Spray
- Get a Goodnight’s Sleep as extra glutathione is generated while you sleep to regenerate your body to help you through the next day.
Read the full plan for good Lung Health in my eBook you can download here.
|Contains the essential Selenium for Glutathione production and a full spectrum multivitamin/mineral formula containing 130 nutrients in one capsule. Contains a patented form of 5-MTHF Folate to support a healthy body.||High-quality Liposomal Vitamin C with 1000mg of Liposomal C plus 400mg PC per serving. Protects healthy cells and has various benefits for optimal health.||Liposomal Curcumin and Resveratrol formula that can increase nutrient blood serum levels significantly. Provides natural anti-inflammatory protection for the body.||Glutathione is a critical mineral and important intracellular antioxidant that can boost your cell health. This intra-oral spray has been proven by an independent clinical research firm to effectively increase intracellular levels of GSH by over 10% in only 7 hours.|