- Omega-3 Deficient Teenagers May Grow Into Anxious Adults
- Why Taking A Daily Dose of Omega 3 Is Vital For Over-50’s
- Six Essential Nutrients To Improve Your Eye Health
- Combining Turmeric and Omega 3 Fat May Prevent Diabetes
- Study: Omega-3 can dramatically reduce risk of macular degeneration
- Is a little molecule to blame for our poor health?
Week 26 (2019) – Friendly Sunshine
Health News (Week 26 – 2019)
By Robert Redfern
Here in England, June has been a cloudy raining month and everyone is welcoming the forecast for ‘friendly’ sunshine in the coming days. No doubt the doom and gloom mongers will be warning about covering up and worse still, covering up with chemical sun blockers against the ‘unfriendly’ sun. Of course, it is experts that give this advice and it is just as wrong as most of the medical advice I warn you about.
They Mean Well
Don’t get me wrong, the experts mean well and they want to protect you from melanoma. Like the medical experts that tell you that statins will protect you from a heart attack, they are wrong, and the chemical sunscreen experts are wrong, and they may even increase the risk of melanoma. To put it in perspective, you are 30x more likely to die from cardiovascular disease than skin cancer. Interestingly, you are less likely to die from a cardiovascular event if you frequently get out into the sun.
What About Carcinomas?
The most common skin cancers by far are basal-cell carcinomas and squamous-cell carcinomas, which are almost never fatal. In fact, you are at greater risk of dying from a car crash than either of these. So, don’t be afraid to get something suspect on your skin checked out by a dermatologist as the best news you can hear is it is one of these.
What Else Is The Sun Good For?
Of course, the first thing I have to say is giving us Vitamin D, one of the most critical nutrients for anti-cancer, protection from nearly every disease you can name, and virtually every healthy mental state you desire. As well as the Vitamin D (Vitamin D is really a hormone) the sunshine stimulates many other healthy hormones.
Research, published in the American Journal of Epidemiology, showed that women who had at least 21 hours a week exposure to the sun’s UV rays in their teens were 29 per cent less likely to get cancer than those getting under an hour a day.
For women who spent the most time outside in their forties and fifties, the risk fell by 26 per cent. In women above aged 60, sunshine halved their chances of a tumour.
Exposure to sunlight and ultraviolet light has been repeatedly shown to NOT be the cause of skin cancer. Scientists from The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center reported UVA exposure is unlikely to have contributed to the rise in the incidence of melanoma over the past 30 years.
Ask the citizens of Addis Ababa near the equator who live in the highest risk area for skin cancer. According to the experts, it is 7,500ft high and has the highest UV radiation reading. Skin cancer is virtually unknown and without this sunshine, the poor diet and poverty would mean a much unhealthier life. They truly are grateful for their Friendly Sun.
So, What Does Protect You From Melanoma?
Surprise? The more you go out in the sunshine, the lower risk of skin cancer. Those that expose their skin only on a few occasions and don’t build up slowly, are at the highest risk (sunscreen or not).
By keeping out of the sun you double your risk of dying with the same life expectancy of a smoker.
These are my recommendations:
- Get out in the sun as much as possible and when you are walking (for good health) expose as much of your skin to the sun as possible.
- Cut out junk foods, carbs, and high sugar foods and drinks as much as possible.
- Increase healthy fats in your diet.
- Supplement with Vitamin D3 at least 2000-5000iu every day.
- Supplement with Astaxanthin, shown in studies in PubMed to protect the skin from UV damage by acting as an antioxidant that can reach the epidermis.
If you are just about to go on holiday and will be sunbathing for the first time, then:
- Take a Glutathione Sublingual Spray and use morning and evening to protect you from oxidative damage to your skin.
- Take L-Citrulline and L-arginine to produce Nitric Oxide for extra protection from oxidative damage to your skin.
- Take a full spectrum of B vitamins and Lutein, Zeaxanthin and the widest spectrum of vitamins and minerals possible for the widest protection.
- Take AstaXanthin+DHA as a double or even treble dose over the day to reduce sunburn.
Glutathione (GSH) is a critical mineral and intracellular antioxidant that has been proven by an independent clinical research firm to effectively increase intracellular levels of GSH by over 10% in only 7 hours.
An essential amino acid formula for healthy blood flow and circulatory support. Contains Arginine, Citrulline and L-Lysine for optimum cardio health.
A full spectrum multivitamin containing 130 nutrients in one capsule. Contains a patented form of 5-MTHF Folate, perfect for 100% of the population and especially those who cannot absorb Folic Acid.
Richest and most natural source of Astaxanthin, an antioxidant that can help protect skin from UV radiation and is 1000x more effective than Vitamin E.
Enjoy 25% Off Each Of These Products When You Enter The Following Code At Checkout* HOLIDAY27
*Retail Only, No Multibuys.
Chemical sunscreens can help to cause cancer and getting burned can also help to cause cancer. Getting a suntan in a controlled manner does not cause cancer and you will end up healthier