And the third generation is now here to prove it…
You may already be aware that probiotics have been naturally supporting and enhancing health and wellness since the dawn of mankind when we consumed our probiotics by eating fruit and vegetables directly from the fields without washing them.
Probiotics are now only available in the form of vitally important supplements. Natural health practitioners are now convinced that these supplements belong in everyone’s natural health arsenal.
Up until now, modern medical doctors have ignored the benefits claimed by users of probiotic supplements, even when studies have showed how important and effective they are during and after a course of antibiotics.
Before you realise the full benefit of third generation probiotics, there’s a crucial concept to understand. Despite what we’re used to hearing, friendly bacteria are essential to our immunity as well as our very survival. One of the many (critical) areas around the body where these bacteria are particularly important for our health is in the gut. A microbial imbalance in the gut can wreak havoc on our health, digestion, elimination and overall feeling of wellbeing. This imbalance can be caused by diet, various medications (especially antibiotics), lifestyle factors, environmental toxins and the general
stress of daily living.
The good news is taking the right, effective probiotic is one of the easiest and best ways to promote gastro-intestinal health by repopulating the gut with beneficial bacteria micro-organisms. These then spread throughout your body for greater protection.
Unfortunately not all probiotics are created equal. In fact it is critical that your probiotic is backed by scientific double-blind studies, peer-reviewed and with a one-year follow-up.
Third generation soil-based, non-dairy scientifically-proven probiotics address all of these problems. Here’s why you should take them:
|Insufficient strainsTypically, probiotics feature just one or two strains of beneficial bacteria. however, scientists estimate that
as many as 1,000 different species of microbes naturally inhabit
the human gut. single-strain products, therefore, provide limited effectiveness.
|Short shelf lifeThe majority of probiotics on the market utilise lactic-acid-based bacteria, which are destroyed by the heat and pressure of manufacturing, as well as by exposure to light and changes in temperature. Unless they are continuously refrigerated, they may not contain an adequate number of live organisms by the time they are ingested.||Poor viabilityEven if a probiotic product does manage to contain an adequate number of live organisms at the time of ingestion, there is no guarantee that the bacteria will make it to the intestines alive – stomach acid is notorious for killing fragile lactic- acid-based bacteria.|
|Lack of prebioticFew probiotic supplements include prebiotics – the food that probiotic bacteria need to survive. As a result, the beneficial microbes that do make it to the gut intact have nothing to sustain their growth.||Lack of studiesProbiotic supplements on the market lack double-blind, peer-reviewed clinical studies with a 12-month follow-up, validating effectiveness. it is understandable the medical system has said: “Where is the evidence?”||The solution!
Third generation soil-based, non- dairy scientifically-proven probiotics to the highest standard.
1. Broad Spectrum Formula – They contain up to 29 different strains of beneficial micro flora. This means they better reflect the greater diversity of the intestines vs typical probiotic products that only contain 1-14 strains.
2. Superb Shelf Stability – Being soil- based, which naturally has millions more micro-organisms than dairy or plant probiotics, along with the unique cell protection process, means that these probiotics do not require refrigeration like most others. The majority of probiotics on the market today are dairy-based and so can be destroyed by heat and the pressure of manufacturing which means by the time you take them, most of the essential friendly bacteria have died. With third generation probiotics the cell protection safeguards the friendly bacteria against light, heat and pressure, even at 98 ̊F! Perfect for all year round including when away on holiday.
3. High Viability – The unique cell protection process also allows the probiotic to withstand breakdown by stomach acid so the good bacteria can reach their target destination intact and become active. Stomach acid can kill any fragile bacteria but in third generation probiotics the friendly bacteria reach the intestines where they multiply and do the job they are supposed to do!
4. Prebiotic Support – Third generation probiotics contain a prebiotic called Leonardite which ensures the survival of the friendly micro flora especially in the colon, whereas many other probiotics do not contain a prebiotic!
5. Scientifically Supported – These probiotics are supported by a peer- reviewed, double-blind, placebo- controlled human clinical trial – including a one-year follow-up study, verifying long-term efficacy. Other second generation probiotic formulas are NOT supported by equivalent clinical studies.
A Quick Overview Of Our Affinity With Bacteria
Why We Need Microbes:
- Only one in 10 cells in the body is human — the rest are microbial.
- Each microbe inhabiting the body has its own set of genes, and those genes affect how the body functions. For example, certain microbial genes in the gut break down dietary fibre, amino acids and toxic chemicals, while others manufacture vitamins and still others influence immune function and digestion.
- People and bacteria are so dependent on each other that microbiologists are increasingly viewing microbes and humans as one super-organism.
- Unfortunately, it’s easy for the microbial balance of the gut to become imbalanced, which can wreak havoc.
- The surest way to promote GI health is by repopulating the gut with beneficial bacteria, however, there are five major problems with the vast majority of probiotics that people try. Take a look at these five problems to the right.
Prescript-Biotics™ – Recommended to support a healthy and strong immune system. SBOs in PrescriptBiotics™ are cultured together and encapsulated with their own ancestral food source to keep them vital and living: a humic and fulvic acid prebiotic made from minerals that are billions of years old and extracted from deep inside the earth.
PrescriptBiotics™ capsules are pure, chemical-free, toxin-free, GMO-free, nutrient-rich, and naturally dehydrated to avoid damage done in the freeze-drying process.
Recommended Dose: Take 1 capsule a day. Increase by one capsule a day, for each week.
Available from Good Health Naturally.