Health News (Week 20 – 2013)
By Robert Redfern
I mentioned a few weeks ago that I went for a full health check/blood test to an alternative health doctor in Palma. This was the first health check I have ever had in my life. I can report that all of my tests came back as near perfect as you can get. I am particularly happy that my Homocysteine levels are a near perfect 6.5 and since I take the B4Health Spray formula I expected nothing else.
Just to remind you Homocysteine is the most accurate measure of health for your blood/arterial system and any doctor that does not offer it is an uninformed doctor. I was looking for my CRP test (this is the measure of inflammation in the blood stream) but I could not find it. My doctor simply forgot to tick the box to include it but to be fair I was probably distracting him with so many questions he can be forgiven. I will get the CRP next week and will let you know.
While I was there he happened to have a visiting Cardiologist from Germany who is an expert in Echocardiography. This is a computer system that can look into the heart and arteries (non invasively) to see how healthy everything is. He offered an examination and I gladly accepted with full confidence in the outcome.
He checked all the main arteries and including the carotid arteries in the neck and found then all 100% clear. Then he came to my heart.
Imagine my surprise when instead of saying “gut” (good) everywhere, as he tested, he suddenly stopped saying it when he came to my heart. He had found a “little calcification” in the heart valve. I was taken aback as my lifestyle is truly 90% perfect health….now.
The first 40 years of my life were quite unhealthy. It took ten years after those 40 to get the lifestyle correct and the little calcification is likely to be inherited from these early years. He told me there is no way of fully knowing whether it is a new or old calcification but I am pretty sure it must be an old one!
The cardiologist (not being an alternative health follower) said it simply needs a 6 month check-up. He can’t imagine it getting any better and indicated that “nothing could be done”. The expression ‘red rag to a bull’ can only describe my feelings to his opinion. I have helped too many people recover from far worse than this, over the last 15 years and I am determined to go back in 6 months time to prove him wrong. I will keep you posted!
So, how will I do it?
By following the same plan I recommend for you if you have heart failure, diseased/calcified heart valves or angina (or fibromyalgia or other energy sapping auto immune diseases such as chronic fatigue).
The plan is as follows:
- D-RibosePlus 5 teaspoons x 3 times per day with food or in water. Note this is a higher dose than what is recommended on the label. Shop Here for D-Ribose
- L-Carnitine+CoQ10 2 caps x 3 times per day with food. Shop Here for L-Carnitine
- BlockBusterAllClear 2 caps x 4 times per day, 30mins before each meal and the last 2 caps at bedtime. Shop Here for Blockbuster
- Krill Oil 1 cap x 2 times per day. Shop Here for Krill
- Active Life (liquid multivitamin) or MaxiVision (multivitamin tablet) as per dosage on bottle. Shop Here for Active Life / Shop Here for MaxiVision
- Ancient Mineral Magnesium Oil ULTRA Numerous sprays throughout the day. Shop Here for Oil ULTRA
Please note that when I put these health plans together they are always backed by scientific research and studies! To see why these supplements are important for me, and for you if you have any of the problems (mentioned above the plan), see the links to the studies in my PS.
Whilst these supplements have other benefits for other health concerns, as they are very multi-functional, I try to tailor the plans the best I can!
Krill Oil, for instance has just had this claim APPROVED by the EU Register For Health Claims: Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart (with daily intake of 250mg). However, Krill is also great for the brain and eyes. And so on.
In addition to good supplementation I am going to ‘tighten up’ my food plan, take my own advice in the really healthy foods plan and start to eat even more raw foods.
Just so you know, as usual, I will also be taking my Serranol (x3), HealthyFlow (x2 scoops) and UB8Q10 Ubiquinol (x3). So all in all quite a comprehensive plan.
I clearly have something to prove to the Cardiologist in 6 months time and through him I may also be able to help a lot of other people – when I prove to him that “something can be done” with a problem like this.
PS. D-Ribose is currently on Buy 1 Get 1 Free from Good Health Naturally, limited to the first 100 orders.
HERE ARE THE SCIENTIFIC STUDIES FOR MY ‘HEART PLAN’ ABOVE…
- D-ribose aids congestive heart failure patients Click Here.
- Metabolic cardiology: D-Ribose an integrative strategy in the treatment of congestive heart failure Click Here.
- D-ribose aids advanced ischemic heart failure patients Click Here.
- Overview of the use of CoQ10 in cardiovascular disease Click Here.
- Scientific Breakthrough with CoQ10 for Chronic Heart Failure Mortensen, SA, et al. Coenzyme Q10: clinical benefits with biochemical correlates suggesting a scientific breakthrough in the management of chronic heart failure. Int J Tissue React, Vol. 12, No. 3, 1990, pp. 155-62 Click Here.
- Ubiquinol has promising beneficial effects in a wide variety of diseases/conditions Click Here.
- L-Carnitine in the Secondary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease Click Here.
- L-Carnitine prevents the development of ventricular fibrosis and heart failure with preserved ejection fraction in hypertensive heart disease Click Here.
- Selenium and coronary heart disease Click Here.
- Magnesium combats mitral valve prolapse syndrome Click Here.