Eye health is precious and we all want to ensure we are protecting our eyesight for a long time. Simple tasks can become challenging when we don’t care for our eyes and it can make our lives miserable if we’re not careful and we don’t take the time to properly treat it.
Vision loss is a major health problem affecting over two million people in the UK alone…or around 1 person in 30. Keeping your eyesight in excellent condition can be challenging but staying healthy by following these tips below is one of the best ways to prevent damage to your eyes and to prevent any signs of aging.
- Follow a Really Healthy Diet. This means eating plenty of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds and legumes. Eating plenty of foods found within nature ensures you get enough vitamins and minerals which are essential for eye health. These can also decrease the risks of genetic diseases like glaucoma and macular degeneration. Avoiding all starchy carbohydrates and sugars is highly recommended as these can increase inflammation within the body. Instead try Buckwheat, Sprouted Oats and eating legume pastas if you are missing any of your favourite meals traditionally made with starchy carbs.
- Prevent Dry Eye. There are many environmental factors that can cause dry eyes. Working in an office environment is one of the biggest problems as staring at a computer screen can give you headaches, make your eyes feel tired and negatively affecting your focus. Taking regular small breaks of at least 20 seconds after every 20 minutes is essential as this will help to give the eye muscles a break and promote blinking. Sugar can promote aging within the body and studies have also linked it with eye health problems including retinal vessel occlusions, diabetic eye problems, along with the development of age-related macular degeneration.
- Wear Sunglasses. Protecting your eyes from UVA and UVB light damage is advisable and wearing sunglasses is highly recommended especially when walking outdoors.
- Quit Smoking. People who smoke cigarettes are more likely to have cataracts, macular degeneration or optic nerve damage. Smokers are more likely to have double the risk of developing Age Related Macular Degeneration (AMD), which is one of the leading causes of sight loss and cataracts in the UK.
- Use Acupressure. In a study conducted on 108 patients, 56 women and 52 men with an age range of 47 to 96 years old, acupuncture treatment was used in a combination of ear acupuncture, periorbital electrical stimulation, and a French Energetic technique. In the study group, all patients had been diagnosed by an ophthalmologist with macular degeneration. Following the treatment, 69 percent of patients improved in distant vision and 69 percent improved in near vision. Patients with both wet and dry ARMD saw the same improvements. Up to 7 percent of patients saw an improvement in color vision. Researchers noted that, “Visual acuity in [ARMD] may be improved by acupuncture.”
- Learn Your Family History. Check your family’s health history when it comes to eye diseases and determine any that you may be more at risk of genetically. If anything is significant, it should be considered as a factor as the genes for bad eye health or for a particular disease may remain dormant until triggered by bad lifestyle choices.
- Supplement with the Right Nutrients. Taking carotenoids such as Lutein and Zeaxanthin can help to decrease the risk of certain cancers and eye diseases. Carotenoids play a powerful role as they are powerful antioxidants that can absorb damaging blue light as it enters the eyes. While these foods are available in food sources they are best taken in supplement form for maximum absorption.
The above tips will help to support good eye health in the long term. For best results with improving any eye symptoms, it’s also highly recommended to follow the Eye Health Plan in the ‘Improving Eye Disease in 30 Days’ book by Robert Redfern.
MaxiFocus™ – This is a 24 nutrient sublingual formula containing 2.5mg of Optisharp® (Zeaxanthin extract), 10.0mg of Lutein Extract and 5.0mg of L-Taurine and 5.0mg of Bilberry Extract. These carotenoids are powerful antioxidants for eye health and are known to be missing in the eyes of sufferers.
HealthPoint™ – An electro-acupressure device that stimulates the acupuncture point, providing relief – without the use of needles. The HealthPoint™ kit enables you to locate the acupuncture points and stimulate them accurately and provide relief for many eye health conditions.
Read ‘Improving Eye Disease in 30 Days’ by Robert Redfern to discover how to improve your eye health condition using natural techniques, exercise, nutrients and acupressure for best results. Improvements can be seen in the symptoms of Macular Degeneration, Retinitis Pigmentosa and Diabetic Retinopathy amongst other eye health problems…often in as little as 30 days or less.